Pages

February 28, 2012

Pushing Through


This little canvas, 24 x 24" has been giving me grief from the beginning.  If you follow me on Facebook, you will know there was a melt down in the studio over the weekend and I scrubbed this one back to the bare bones after making several attempts to paint it.  Well I'm happy to say, persistence pays.  I don't know of anywhere else in my life that I have more confidence that if I just keep at it I will be able to create something decent no matter the struggle to get there.  Maybe it's because the challenge is only about me and where I'm at and what I can accomplish as opposed to pleasing someone else, or figuring out what someone wants or expects of you and delivering.  Here in the studio it's just me and the Creator within, and so I persist in a way I never have in other areas.

Karin Lynn, a new blogging artist friend talks about power walking and her art in the same way, so I know I'm not alone.  Only it's the art that is building me from the inside out, maybe the power walking will come later ;-) Only in my dreams!

I will be donating this piece to the River Valley Gymnastics Club as part of their fund raising.  They have a number of other wonderful prizes they are selling tickets on along with my painting, so I'm hoping they do well.

Now to start thinking about a new mixed-media piece I was just commissioned to create. It's a nice size 24 x 48" with lots of special and meaningful elements to go into it.  More about that as it progresses, in the meantime hope you are all happily creating.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...